Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I'll be me

As I mentioned on Sunday, I've been thinking about blogging and my writing life this past month.
 
A couple things have been helpful to me in thinking through next steps.
 
Firstly, Isaac's pretending:
 
He takes me along on his adventures.  
 
Sometimes he wants us to be cats, monkeys, frogs...  
 
Then he wants to be a teacher.  I'm his student. 

 
Sometimes he acts like a baby.  He babbles and crawls. 
 
 
 
He often roars like a monster.  He loves scaring and being scared. 
 

When he's a robot he says, "All. Systems. A. OK." 


 
Then there are times, after all the pretending has gone down, that Isaac stops, touches my face, and says: "Okay Mommy, now I be me and you be you."
 
 Then he jumps into me, tackles me to the ground and I'm all smothered (and bruised) in his love. 
   
  

 So let's I be me and you be you.
 
We won't envy each other or try to be each other.
 
We'll just encourage to full-moment, risk-taking, all-embracing living.
 
For You created my inmost being;
    You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well (Psalm 139: 13-14).
 

 

No comments: