Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm 33

I turned 33 a few weeks ago and wasn't sure what to think of it.  I felt a little sad thinking back on this past year and also older in a slow-down-life sort of way. 

But in conversation with a friend today she said turning 40 was an awesome turning point for her.  She was promoting it, you know?  It worked and she put my 33 into perspective.  She said when she turned 40 she felt more comfortable in her own skin, more able to be herself, less conscious of others, and now that she's about a decade past that birthday she can attest that she's loved her 40s.   

I found myself feeling thankful that with each year of my life I have also found increased peace, and a sense of being more relaxed in who I am... and I've found this in an accelerated way over the past few years.  That's a maturing.  And I, too, believe there's much more to look forward to.

Oh thanksgiving, it can be found in everything, right? 

Thank you, Lord, for the 33 years that I've lived... in health, abundance, joy, surrounded by love.  I am truly overwhelmed.  Thank you, as well, for the years ahead... for no end to this growing up in You, and so, no end to better and better. 

No comments: