As we travel home from our trip to Croatia, I want to express thanksgiving for this time away.
I'm thankful for:
- A friend (who lost a baby a few years ago) who suggested we take some time to get away after my miscarriage - just to take time to be together.
- Ben's family who have cared for Isaac this week. How nice to be able to leave Isaac and feel completely peaceful about his care.
- Quality time with Benny in airports - stopovers, airport waiting rooms, flying through the night.
- The Acropolis - in awe at the masterpiece made by the hands of men.
- The friendly people in Dubrovnik, such as the man in the supermarket who took me step by step through the process of buying apples.
- Walking the wall in Dubrovnik and thinking about this little town that recently experienced such terrible hatred and war and yet have built back their homes and lives and created a sparkling clean, safe, friendly space for people from around the world to visit once again.
- Thankful for the lovely people I've met through Ben's course this week - they study such difficult topics, such as murder, war, violence - but they have built a supportive international community to help them as they continue in this work they believe so strongly in.
- Thankful to come home to our smiley son, Isaac Jay.