Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Sow



I was crafting with Isaac, sifting through his sticker letters.  I couldn't spell Isaac or Mommy or Mary with the remaining letters...  then I pulled out an "s" then an "o" then found a "w". 

Sow. 

And as I stuck the letters down, glued little sequins in a row, coloured the edges, let Isaac contribute in blue scribbles, I reminded myself of the promise that comes with sowing...  I renewed that commitment in my heart to be a sower. 

Remember this! ... Whoever sows generously will also reap generously (2 Corinthians 9:6). 

And since then, I've been thinking about sowing and reaping faith.

Speaking words of faith, believing and hoping for the best, stepping out in things I can't naturally see.... knowing that as I do this sowing, I'll reap increased faith in return. 

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness (2 Corinthians 9:10).

He supplies those seeds of faith to sow then increases and turns the seeds into rich harvests ... overflowing faith.

No comments: