Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Redemption (part I)

photo courtesy of tristanf

Does God ever speak to you things you don’t fully understand?  Words that are so meaningful and helpful to you, but then you think, man, I need to know what that actually means.

"...the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:26-27).
When we lost the baby (I know, I have to blog about it because I’m working through it), God told me that our loss would be redeemed.  Jesus poured out His life for healing the sick, restoring the broken, overcoming death...  Jesus’ blood is enough to take a loss that’s not from Him and bring about something good... something overcoming...

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). 
I looked up definitions of "redeem".  Here are some of my favourites...

  • To compensate for the faults or bad aspects/effects of something;
  • To free from what distresses or harms;  
  • To repair, restore, re-establish, reinstate;
  • To make good, fulfill;
  • To defray.
I don't know if it's always worth trying to figure out how God redeems a loss in your life.  Sometimes not asking why or how can be just as peaceful a place as something being revealed to you.  I try not to ask why too much but at the same time I've also seen a bit of redemption in this area already.  

I'll write more tomorrow!

No comments: