Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good and perfect gifts


Last night over dinner, Ben told me he and his colleagues at Algonquin College may be on strike in two weeks. 

I was like, WHAT?!  Then I was all huffy: I'll have to go back to working full-time. 

That was my initial reaction.  Totally me-focused.  Also, I haven't even started working part-time and already I was thinking that gift would be taken away from me!   

As context, Ben's started his full-time contract as coordinator of the post-graduate victimology program at Algonquin College.  The job has been an awesome blessing at the perfect time.  He didn't have to go through an interview process for it; it was simply offered to him.  We're grateful.

Also, since Ben's working full-time, we've decided I'm able to cut my work down to four days a week instead of full-time.  This is something I've been hoping for for a long time.  Again, another awesome blessing at the perfect time.  When I requested it, my workplace made it happen.  I start next week.  Again, so grateful. 

We believe both these job things are gifts from God.  My long-term, faith-decided reaction to Ben's strike possibility is that I'll believe these gifts won't be taken away from us... even if they are, God's Our Provider and we won't lack.

Sometimes developing a Kingdom of God attitude is a process. 

No comments: