Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A couple more thoughts on pursuing dreams

To follow up on my lengthy post yesterday, I just wanted to add a few more points on dreams.


On Sunday, Sarah W. made a powerful statement about dreams and their place in our lives.  She said that when a dream's success or failure determines our wellbeing or identity, then we've elevated it higher than God.  Whew.  Love that.  It's one of those times when we say, Even if You don't, Lord... or, Even if that dream doesn't happen, Lord... I will still follow You, worship You, give my life to You (Daniel 3:18).  It doesn't really matter in the end.  The context for our dreaming is delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).


And my other thought is: one thing that isn't a good test of whether or not to pursue a dream is what other people say.  Some people may be supportive and others may provide practical reasons why they think you shouldn't pursue your dream, particularly for those out there dreams.  In the midst of what everyone is saying, what do you know in your heart?  And, what's the still voice of God telling you?  Center yourself there.


That's it, I think.  My trickling thoughts on dreams.

No comments: