Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pressing on under grace

I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit a couple of months ago to encourage a friend on the reserves of energy she had available to her.  Because she had a big task ahead of her… and she was tired.  When we step forward confidently, under the grace of God, within our life purpose for any particular day, we find we are able to do what we need to do… we have the energy that is needed.  I didn’t want her to come to the end of the task and have regrets – to feel like she hadn’t taken that extra step to push ahead. 

At other times, our reaching forward becomes striving and the word to our hearts must be to rest.  When our pushing ahead steps us out of grace and into our own ability/inability, that’s when reserves of energy drain out of us.

I’m still figuring all this out (I think we all are) but I certainly love resting in grace as I press on in God’s will…  

"I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received" (Ephesians 4:1).

No comments: