Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Assumptions

Ben came home from soccer last week as I was putting Isaac to bed.

"Come into bed Daddy?" Isaac asked in his own little way.

"I have to shower, Isaac.  I can't crawl into bed.  I'm stinky.  Peeyew."  Ben responded.

Isaac leaned over, sniffed Ben, and said, "Poop shower Daddy?"  I guess he thinks stinky only means one thing. 

"No Isaac.  I'm stinky because of playing soccer.  I'm sweaty."

"Poop shower Daddy.  Daddy poop shower."  Isaac was convinced.  Ben was a little taken aback.

Once Isaac's figured something out, it sticks with him.  He won't forget. 

On Sunday, Ben went for a run.  Again, he came back sweaty and told me he was going to hop in the shower.  Isaac, playing away, looked up and said, "Poop Daddy?"

I'm linking up to Melissa's Place and her Story at Your Wedding Friday feature!

No comments: