Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post-it note quote

In July 2008, Pat posted a quote on Clan McKinnon, the family blog at the time. It rung true to me so I wrote it on a post-it note and stuck it on my computer monitor at work, glancing at it everyday for quite some time. I packed it away in a box while on maternity leave, but pulled it out again when I returned to work. I placed it at eye level again with scotch tape (the sticky was running out).

My computer was replaced a couple weeks ago and I neglected to take the quote off my old monitor. The computer replacement guy returned the following week and gave me back my little post-it note, saying, “I think this is yours.” And now it rests again on my computer monitor. It must be important to me.

Here it is:

"If you limit your choices to only what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." – Robert Fritz

And is it just me or does this quote also remind you of this verse?:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Do you see what I mean? Maybe it's just that they're both meaningful to me today.

No comments: