Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sow to the Spirit

Sowing and reaping is one of my favourite God principles ever. Are we allowed to have favourites? I loved discovering that sowing and reaping apply to way more than money (although it's great that it does apply to money).

When I wanted to grow in my faith I learned that I could sow faith to reap more faith. As I practise what faith I have, I find I have more of it for other areas and for bigger things. If I need encouragement, I encourage others. If I feel I'm lacking in anything, I don't worry, I just pray, reminding myself and the Lord that I've sown in that area so I know I will have what I need.

It's not a "me me me" thing, it's a God is my Provider and I'm fully reliant on Him thing. Also, it's not about giving a little bit here and little bit there, it's an all out sowing... sow until you're empty of yourself. That's when the real miracle results come in.

I read Galatians 6 a couple nights ago. .

" ...whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life" (Galatians 6:7-9).

That's when all these refreshing sowing and reaping reminders filled me up. All of the above is sowing to the Spirit. And reaping eternal life isn't a far off thing - it's a today thing - it's about reaping God's presence, His goodness, His provision, Holy Spirit fruits (love, joy, peace, patience...), Holy Spirit gifts (miracles, healing...), anything that's Kingdom of God (God's rule and will). I love life!

3 comments:

wonder wilks said...

amen!

Sarah said...

thanks Maryann - such wise words, I shall endeavour to remember them and put them in to practice!

pintucks said...

Love this!! Thanks Maryann - will reflect on this today. xo