Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Wait and rest

Ben picks me up most days after work. Sometimes I get out to our meeting place by my building and he hasn't arrived yet. I stand around for a total of 15 seconds, at the most, then I get antsy and start to walk. I know the route he takes to pick me up, so whenever we meet up, he stops along the road and I hop in.

One day I must have appeared unexpectedly to him along the route. He had to pull over quickly and ended up turning the wrong way down a one-way street.

I got in the car and said, "This is a one-way street, eh." Way to rub it in, Mary.

He smiled, slightly annoyed, then patiently explained that it's usually easier if I just stay put and wait outside my office building for him to arrive.

I scrunched my face up, "I know, but…" I didn't have a worthy excuse, "… but I get bored."

Gotta keep on moving, right? But, just to inconvenience my family? Just because I can't stand still? Nuh-uh. Gotta draw from a restful heart.

No comments: