Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Soul song

The other day, I was singing the alphabet to Isaac and Edem joined in with a lovely harmony. She does this. My favourite is her accompaniment to Sleeping Bunnies. Simple kids' songs are turned beautiful under Edem's care. She's a worshipper. Her voice is beautiful, but more importantly, she sings from those inner depths, far inside her heart. I guess that soul depth has just sort of poured into every area of her life - while she cooks, while she plays with Isaac... We hear her song voice through the duct work in our house when she's by herself downstairs.

I think Psalm 108 (1-2) sums up Edem's singing heart...

My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing, I will sing praises, even with my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre;
I will awaken the dawn!

No comments: