Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fitting

As we were getting ready to head out the door this morning, Isaac put his feet into Ben's shoes. It's a game for him - he didn't even take a step before he tripped and fell on the floor. I got out his own tattered orange and brown sandals and said, "Those shoes don't fit. These are yours." I love him. I put them on his feet - they slid in like a hand in a glove. They're water-logged and stinky. They attract mud and toe jam. They won't fit for long, but for now, they're made for him.

Through this moment, God reminded me of my own fitting. My motivation for anything can only be passionate love and heart faith springing from my relationship with Jesus. It can never be from feeling like I should do certain things or that others expect certain things from me. That would be unfruitful.

I'm trying to understand my fitting, my shoes for this season. God's given me peace - He wouldn't have created me to be ineffective and self-serving. I'll have to be useful to Him somehow.

No comments: