Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank you, Lord, for the sunshine...

This morning I woke up with that sleepy/foggy/heavy sort of feeling, where it's hard to get out of bed. And, the feeling kind of stayed with me throughout the morning and into my work day. How to get out of that space?

Thankfulness is one way. Thankfulness is pretty much the answer to anything. I usually start by thanking God that I'm alive and breathing and healthy; I thank Him for Jesus and for life in Him; I thank Him for my wonderful husband and son... at that point I'm usually on a roll and can continue pretty easily from there. Even though I often thank God for the same things, if it's genuine thankfulness, it's refreshing every time.

On such a beautiful sunny day like today, we can certainly look outside and see how God's creation speaks to our hearts. We can look at the world through a lens of thankfulness, draw that thankfulness out from inside us, and turn our thinking around.

Psalm 19
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness IS key.
Yesterday, we got a leaky faucet, which ended up costing us a plumber's visit and a brand new fixture. And as stressful as that is, I couldn't help but look around at my beautiful family and think, at least what's broken CAN be fixed with money. I'm grateful for good health every day.