Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spiritual people

Last night I put myself down in a conversation with Ben... something about being too socially awkward for a certain task.

Ben reminded me of when Roger Aubrey visited Ottawa this year. Roger described how sometimes we feel like we have to build up a sort of super-spiritual aura about us (my words, not his), like we have to work it up until we can do something spiritual enough to be note-worthy. The truth is, we're way more spiritual than we think. We're spiritual people - we have the Holy Spirit living in us. The natural place for us to be is in the spiritual realm, overflowing with faith and love.

And so, I don't need to worry about being inadequate or awkward in any situation. I just need to be myself, full of the Holy Spirit, doing whatever the Holy Spirit asks of me, wherever I am.

No comments: