Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Shake shake...

In the next couple of weeks we plan to transition Isaac into a new childcare arrangment - from the current setup of two days with Aunt Janie and two days with Aunt Kathy to one day with Nana and three days with a new provider. I arrived at work this morning only to receive an email from our new provider saying she could no longer take Isaac. She was supposed to take him starting next week! Surprise!

I'll be honest, I had a bit of a panic, however, at the same time my co-worker commented on how calm I seemed in the midst of it. When I got the email, I wanted to do something immediately, to sort it out NOW, but Ben, in his wisdom, told me to slow down. Above any of my feelings, I know things will be fine. I know it just wasn't meant to be...that there's something better.

I've been thinking about these phrases lately - "wasn't meant to be" and "something better". Sometimes they seem like Christian clich├ęs or like they're a bit empty.

The thing is, though, Ben and I have put our lives in God's hands and we really do believe that God will take care of us and that He has good plans for us. He gave us Isaac and He will also provide us with what we need to take care of Isaac. Sometimes we make decisions and God changes things up for any number of reasons (to protect us, to provide us with the best). We certainly don't believe that everything we encounter originates from God (especially sickness and tragedy), but we do have a security knowing that God is good, He works things together for good, and He's in control. Let's see how this one turns out...

No comments: