Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cubicles

I work in a cubicle. I peak over my cubicle wall to see my cubicle neighbours - their little heads above their walls, staring at their computers. I have learned to speak in cubicle volume and I work away while hearing others chat around me. Some people complain about working in cubicles. I secretly enjoy it. It makes my quiet desk job, social and meaningful. I can say hello, chat, and build friendships in my workplace.

Most of my colleagues are introverted - made for desk work. I'm a quiet person and also enjoy solitude while I work, however, I am my office extrovert - I'm loud and social and pretty outgoing compared to my personality in other situations.

Why would I, typically a quiet person, stand out among other quiet people in my workplace? Because I am a member of God's family... I'm a child of God. I am outward looking. I want to pour out my life to God and to others around me. In love. And that makes all the difference.

You are the Light of the World!!! Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:14,16).

No comments: