- Are we supposed to work at something, whether we like it or not, OR
- Are we supposed to only settle for work that we love and are passionate about?
Ben and I have a big pile of dirt in our front yard. We've spent a few days digging into it, loading up the wheelbarrow, and delivering it to different areas of our yard. Digging dirt is not a fun job.
Sometimes I do work that I don't like.
What do we do when we're stuck "digging dirt"? These verses help me in those times:
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man (Colossians 3:23).
- Work in a quiet fashion, eat your own bread, and do not grow weary of doing good (2 Thessalonians 3:10-13).
- Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).
- Jesus said "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10).
- We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ (1Thessalonians 1:2-3).
- Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work (John 4:34).